MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
WEALD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON THE 12th DECEMBER, 2012
PRESENT: Mrs R Wood (in the Chair), Mr G Davie, Mrs C Beddoe and Mrs L Harris,
In attendance was District Councillor Thornton, the clerk and several members of the public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr David Marchant, Mr John Blackman, Mrs Jan Mannering and District Councillor Hogarth
- DECLARATION OF INTEREST – there was none.
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 14th November, 2012 – the Minutes were accepted as an accurate record and were so acknowledged by the signature of the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING
(1) THE OLD BAKERY The Parish Council expressed their pleasure that The Old Bakery had been sold to Mr and Mrs Edwards safeguarding the future of the village’s one remaining shop.
(2) THE METHODIST HALL There was no news to report on the prospective sale of the Methodist Church. After some discussion it was agreed that the clerk should seek a quote for a barrier that could be used to close off the access road to the Memorial Hall to unauthorised traffic who are currently parking on the access road, the verge of the Green or the car park which is reserved for users of the Memorial Hall, the children’s play area or dropping off at the bottle/paper bank.
(3) THE TENNIS COURTS IN WICKHURST ROAD Following a meeting between the Parish Council’s Committee representatives of KCC and Weald Community Primary School it was reported that the Parish Council has submitted a detailed letter to KCC/school outlining the terms on which the Parish Council will contribute up to £18,000, inclusive of VAT, towards the planned redevelopment and extension of the tennis courts. The clerk will report back to the Parish Council when a response is received from KCC.
(4) TREES OF THE HURST The clerk reported that the legal action brought against the Parish Council and SDC with respect to Oakwood House is now being handled on the Parish Council’s behalf by lawyers appointed by its insurers. There were no developments to report with regards to Southwood.
No correspondence was tabled.
SE/12/00935/FULL – White Cottage, White House Road, Weald – Erection of new house (as amended by drawings received 22nd August, 2012). Approved.
The Meeting was adjourned at 7.45 p.m.
7. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Meeting resumed at 7.55 p.m.
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
It was agreed that further pressure should be put on Sevenoaks District Council to prioritise the granting of conservation status to the Green and its surrounds.
9. CHEQUES FOR SIGNATURE
1406 N E Spurr £360.75
1407 SDC £127.92
1408 SDC £165.00
1409 S E Water £79.80
1410 J Caird £2,400.00
1411 DCL £2,070.00
1412 R Wood £60.00
The Meeting closed at 8.15 p.m.