MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
WEALD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON THE 13th FEBRUARY, 2013
PRESENT: Mrs R. Wood (in the Chair), Mr G. Davie, Mr D. Marchant, Mrs L. Harris and Mrs J. Mannering.
In attendance were the clerk and one member of the public
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs C Beddoe and Mr J Blackman
- DECLARATION OF INTEREST – there was none.
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 23rd January, 2013 – the Minutes were accepted as an accurate record and were so acknowledged by the signature of the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING
(1) THE TENNIS COURT REDEVELOPMENT A Meeting was held with representatives of Weald Community Primary School and the PTA. A representative of KCC was unable to attend this meeting. The Parish Council clarified that its financial support for the Tennis Court Redevelopment was subject to the very specific conditions detailed in its email of 9th December, 2012 and that these conditions had already been breached by a planning application being submitted without its input or approval. The Parish Council also expressed disappointment that there seemed to be little attempt on the part of KCC to meet the other conditions detailed in its email. The Parish Council repeated the importance of additional parking spaces being included in the scheme and that these spaces are available to ease parking congestion in and around Long Barn Road. The Parish Council expressed further disappointment that the need for these additional parking spaces had not been included in the planning application and that no response had been received with regards to the use of parking spaces by the general public out of school hours. The Parish Council requested that the school and KCC take the above matters into account and come back to the PC with any further proposals they wished the Parish Council to consider.
(2) THE GREEN – JUNCTION OF WICKHURST ROAD/LONG BARN ROAD The Parish Council agreed that in the absence of a practical alternative and the likelihood that vehicles entering or leaving Wickhurst Road will continue to mount the Green, on the areas already damaged, that these areas should be repaired with a hard standing surface.
(3) THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING The Chairman circulated a list of invitees to be personally invited to the Annual Parish Meeting on 15th May and requested that the other members check the list and add any other names who should receive a personal invitation. The Chairman expressed the hope that the meeting would be well attended to meet with the Parish Council’s guest of honour, Sir David Wootton, the Lord Mayor of London 2011-12.
(4) PARKING ON THE GREEN The clerk reported of further instances of vehicles parking on, and causing damage to, the Green. The clerk advised that organisers of events in the Memorial Hall were now being informed in writing of the no parking rules and requesting them to ensure that the attendees at their events abide by these rules. The clerk advised that he had not yet received a quotation for the erection of a barrier across the Memorial Hall roadway and will seek to have this quotation for consideration at the next Parish Council meeting. The clerk also advised that the contractor had been given the go ahead to erect additional bollard on both sides of the roadway down to the Memorial Hall.
A. KCC – Kent Minerals and Waste Local Plan – Proposed Mineral Safeguarding Areas, February, 2013 – Consultation – Circulated for information.
Applications considered since the last Parish Council Meeting:
SE/12/03300/HOUSE – Redwings, Bayleys Hill, Sevenoaks – Partial demolition to facilitate the erection of a two storey rear extension. Alterations to fenestration, re-tiling of roof and recladding with cedar weatherboard and internal alterations. The Parish Council objected to this application. It was considered that the application proposed disproportionate additions over and above the scale of the original building
SE/12/03348/HOUSE – Ranmoor, Bayleys Hill, Sevenoaks – Erection of single storey rear extension. Erection of a porch. Conversion of existing garage into habitable space. Other minor internal and external alterations/changes.
The Parish Council objected to this application. It was considered that the application proposed disproportionate additions over and above the scale of the original building
SE/12/03376/HOUSE – Dale House, Church Road, Weald – Erection of a replacement garage. Supported by the Parish Council
SE/03426/HOUSE – Dale House, Church Road, Weald – Alter the size of the kitchen windows and doors, extend the existing basement and change the Yorkshire to Indian sandstone on terrace. Supported by the Parish Council
SE/13/00070/EXTLMT – Ridge End, Rycroft Lane, Weald – Application to extend the time limit of an extant planning permission under SE/10/00429/FUL. Supported by the Parish Council
SE/13/00292/FUL – St Georges Churchyard, Glebe Road, Weald – Two short lengths of path to allow disabled users to access the rear of the Churchyard via the Scout Hall site drive with the latter’s consent. Supported by the Parish Council.
Results received since last Parish Council Meeting:
SE/12/03264/FUL – Hand Car Wash at Pitstop Motel, London Road, Weald Application for consent to locate a Towable Mobile Unit on site for use as a site office – Refused.
SE/12/03022/FUL – Hatchlands Farm, Bayleys Hill, Sevenoaks – Erection of a new cattle bedding building with solar panels and rooflights to roof and creation of new dung midden. Approved.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8.25 p.m.
7. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Meeting resumed at 8.30 p.m.
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
9. CHEQUES FOR SIGNATURE
The meeting closed at 9 p.m.