MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
WEALD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON THE 23rd JANUARY, 2013
PRESENT: Mr G Davie (in the Chair), Mr D Marchant, Mr J Blackman, Mrs C Beddoe, Mrs L Harris and Mrs J. Mannering.
In attendance was the clerk and several members of the public
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs R Wood.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST – there was none.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 12th December, 2012 – the Minutes were accepted as an accurate record and were so acknowledged by the signature of the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING
(1) DATES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL 2013
The clerk confirmed that Meeting of the Parish Council will be held on the following dates:
23rd January (today’s meeting)
15th May (Annual Parish Meeting)
Unless otherwise advised the Meetings will take place on the above dates at the Memorial Hall at 7.30 p.m.
(2) THE METHODIST HALL The Parish Council was advised that since the last meeting there had been no developments with respect to the proposed sale of the Methodist Hall. The Parish Council confirmed its commitment to purchase the Hall for future use by the Cummunity.
(3) TENNIS COURTS in WICKHURST ROAD The clerk reported that the Parish Council had not received an official response from KCC with respect to its email of 9th December, 2012. It was, however, known that KCC had submitted their planning application without the requested consultation with, and the approval of, the Parish Council. It was agreed that the clerk should contact KCC and the other parties involved in the project to express (1) disappointment at the lack of a formal response to its communication, (2) that the Parish Council not been consulted on the planning permission and (3) request an urgent meeting to discuss this matter.
(4) TREES ON THE HURST The clerk advised that the legal action brought against the Parish Council remains in the hands of lawyers appointed by the Parish Council’s insurers. The clerk agreed to update the Parish Council at the next Meeting as the court case is expected to be heard in early February.
(5) THE GREEN – JUNCTION OF WICKHURST ROAD AND LONG BARN ROAD The Parish Council agreed that the only remedy available to prevent further damage to the Green at this junction was for the damaged area to be hardened. It was agreed that a contractor quote would be sought.
(6) THE GREEN – HURST LANE The clerk reported that more traffic is travelling up the lane on the false understanding that this provided access to the Memorial Hall. Kent Highways has been contacted and requested to change the current signage to make it clear that it is a no through road that provides no access to the Hall.
(7) TRAFFIC BARRIER AT THE TOP OF ACCESS TO THE MEMORIAL HALL ROAD The clerk advised that a quote for the above barrier had not yet been received. The Clerk will chase for a quote to be considered at the next meeting of the Parish Council in February, 2013.
A. CPRE – Field Work – Winter 2012 – Circulated for information.
B. KCC – Notice of Kent Lane Rental Scheme coming into effect – Circulated for information.
Applications considered since the last Parish Council Meeting:
SE/12/02823/FUL – Long Barn, Long Barn Road, Weald – Proposed extension to barn. Supported by the Parish Council
SE/12/03133/HOUSE – Ranworth, Church Road, Weald – Erection of front entrance porch. Supported by the Parish Council
SE/12/03022/FUL – Hatchlands Farm, Bayleys Hill, Weald – Erection of a new cattle bedding building with solar panels and rooflights to roof and creation of a new dung midden. Supported by the Parish Council
Results received since last Parish Council Meeting:
SE/12/03133/HOUSE – Ranworth, Church Road, Weald – Erection of front entrance porch. Approved.
SE/12/02823/FUL – Long Barn, Long Barn Road, Weald – Proposed extension to barn. Approved.
SE/12/02863/FUL – Land adjacent to The White House, Gracious Lane End, Sevenoaks Demolition of existing tractor/equipment store and hay barn adjacent to stables and erection of new tractor/equipment store and hay barn/tack room. Refused.
SE/12/02986/HOUSE – Everest Farm, Church Road, Weald The erection of two storey extensions to side and rear. Single storey extensions to front and rear, porch to front, veranda to rear. Approved.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8.25 p.m.
7. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Meeting resumed at 8.30 p.m.
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Mr Marchant reported on the repair of the man hole cover in Windmill Road and the repair of the curb and surrounds at the Memorial Stone on the Green.
Mrs Mannering asked about the position of the polytunnel on one of the allotment gardens. The clerk reported that the tenant of this plot and others had been asked to tidy up their allotments or face being evicted. Because of the adverse weather conditions since notices have been served the tenants have “unofficially” been given an extra 28 days to tidy their allotments or face eviction. The clerk will update the
Parish Council at its next meeting in February.
9. CHEQUES FOR SIGNATURE
1413 J Saunders & Sons £204.00
1414 KCC £715.73
1415 Weald Community PS £830.16
1416 N E Spurr £324.50
1417 SDC £127.92
1418 Weald Memorial Hall £94.50
1419 Weald Memorial Hall £18.00
The Meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.